Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday Work, Thoughts & Move In

Friday Afternoon, after a week of traveling around South Louisiana I finally got back into my apartment on the campus. I have power and everything is exactly the way that I left it on Friday night.

Friday was a great day of work in Uptown for the Vintage Relief Team. One of the guys Luke needed some stuff done to his house so we went his way. On his street we met several people and help them clean up, cut down trees and restore their home. Again it was hard work which means that I sweated and got nasty, but it showed me truly what BEING the church is all about. The people we talked to were surprised that we would just drive around a community and do yard work for people we don’t even know. I’m confident that people in all cities are like the people here, they need to see Christ in the life of a Christ follower. We, the church/Christians, do a great job talking about Christ; but what the lost people in this country need is to see Christ through the actions of people that claim to be Christ followers.

In 2 Corinthians 5:14-15 Paul stated “14For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. 15And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.”

Claiming Christ as your savior means that you no longer live for yourself but live FOR HIM! That’s huge. It’s a life that is energized by Christ’s Love which was displayed on the cross; Paul says that it is this love which compels us daily.

My Lord was pleased to die for my sins; why should I not be glad to give up my poor life out of love for Him.” --Girolamo Savanarola, Martyred in Italy 1498

I challenge you to die to your old life, so that you live a new life IN Christ.

Be, Serve, Get Dirty!

I also had dinner in the French Quarter tonight, it was a ghost town. Below are some photos.
St. Louis Cathedral shot showing some damage to Jackson Square.
Cafe Du Monde- usually line out door and down the street.
The empty streets, which will probably be filled in just a few short days and weeks.
Enjoy your weekend!
Proclaim His Holy Name!
-the Brick

No comments: