Monday, May 11, 2009

Weekend travels gave me this....

I just arrived back in NOLA from my second of three Knox-Vegas travel weeks in May.








Sister married last weekend















Sarah graduated from UT this weekend









And my little brother, who we call BIG Nick graduates this coming weekend from high school.

Busy time for the Brichetto family.




The main reason for this blog is to share with you a sermon clip from one of several I listened to on my 18 hours of road travel this weekend.

Mark Driscoll is one of the pastors at Mars Hill in Seattle. We at Vintage Church read and listen to his preaching and teaching for equipping in our own personal ministry. He is currently one of the main voices for Evangelicals and for this I am so grateful. He unashamedly stands on the Bible, this is his source of authority and substance for all of his preaching. God is using him to reach many people. Mars Hill is the church that started the Acts 29 Church Planting Network, which Vintage has also just now become apart of.

May 3 he preached a powerful message about humility.

Below is a short clip.


Link: Short Clip



I would strongly encourage all ministers whether you are currently in leadership or are being raised up in a church to watch the entire sermon. It is long, over 1 hour, but very convicting.



Link: Sermon

I pray that God drives to everyone's heart and reveals places of pride in your life.

No comments: