Sunday, May 10, 2009

It ain't over yet....










Last Night Sarah and I broke fast by enjoying a steak at Outback. It was not the best one ever, but we were given a gift which made it free and that's always good. We learned a lot through this journey which I will post later this week. Today is the last devotional for Daniel. I pray that God has spoken to you through the study of His Word.

Sunday May 10: Daniel 12
In the end the ultimate victory goes to the Lord God Almighty. Satan and his followers will receive judgment and shame while God’s children will receive honor and everlasting life. Until then our job is to be vessel that God uses to lead people to His righteousness that is found in Jesus through faith. (v.3 & Romans 3:21-24) There is an allotted inheritance awaiting the ones that faithfully finish the strong. Today direct your focus towards going your way until the end. (v.13)
Deeper Study: 1 Corinthians 15 Rely on the same power that resurrected Christ





I write this as I drink my first cup of coffee in 14 days. I never experienced withdraws which I thought I would. Reflecting on this has brought Paul's words to the Corinthians to my mind.

24
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

25
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. 27No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. -- 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

The life in Christ is the supreme treasure in all of the the world. There is life with Christ and life without Christ and the life without is no life at all.

No comments: