Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Confident Action

It’s been a while since I posted last. To be honest, I have enjoyed clicking up on my blog page and seeing Sarah kissing my cheek.

But now I’m back and I would like to invite you to think about prayer with me. Our HimnI community has been wrapping our hearts around this issue over the past two months as we have been studying the theme: “When you pray, Move your feet.” http://himni.org/


14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him. - 1 John 5:14-15 (NIV)

I seek confidence in every area of my life. I want people to like me, talk to me and laugh when I share a stupid joke. The last one usually doesn’t happen, because I’m just not very funny. I desire to do what I should be doing each day, I don’t want to waste my life. I want to hear God say “Well done, good and faithful servant.” I want to be confident that the life I’m living is the one that God’s has planned for me to live.

If you were to think about your own life, I’m sure you would say that you strive for the exact same thing. John states in this passage that our confidence comes as we continuously approach God asks for any and everything according to His will. The emphasis here is on God’s will not our will.

As we have learned this semester at HimnI, prayer drives us to act. A lack of action shows a lack of prayer.

Our discussion with God about what He really wants (prayer), He reveals His heart to us. This heart is one that is broken for people that do not know him. He desires above all else for people to come to him and enter into a relationship with him. As we continually pray, our heart will become aligned with his. We will see people the way he does and then get off our behinds and get to work! Statics show you come across thousands of people that are not in a relationship with him daily. Knowing this fact should drive us to our knees and then lead us to go engage with them.

Nothing lies beyond the reach of prayer except that which lies outside the will of God.”

  • God, give us a heart like yours for the people in our community, workplaces, schools, neighborhoods and apartment complexes. Show us ways to reach these people.

No comments: