Monday, February 13, 2012

A Daily Confession

This past weekend Dr. Murray Wilton, known as Pastor Rob's "Uncle Buzz," preached at our Vintage Church gatherings. He discussed the idea of shifting from rational to relational in order to experience the ministry of the Holy Spirit.

He offered us a daily confession from Romans 10:8-9
Heavenly Father, in the name of Jesus by the ministry of the Holy Spirit I believe in my heart that God has raised Jesus from the dead. Jesus you are Lord. Thank you for the authority that I have to live by your resurrection life through the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit I welcome your presence in my life and invite you to work in me and through me for the Glory of God. In Jesus Name let it be so.

He encouraged us to speak this out loud each morning and then journal instances of increased awareness of the Holy Spirit's presence in your week.


Scriptures discussed :
  • John 7:37-39
  • Spiritual Blessings: Ephesians 1:3
  • Spiritual Fruit: Gal 5:16 - 25
  • Spiritual Gifts: 1 Corinthians 12:7


See our Community Group Discussion Guide for further growth.
Join a Community Group - here

No comments: