Tuesday, March 23, 2010

HandsOn Reflection & Photos


HandsOn New Orleans Day this past Saturday was a great morning of service in Indian Village. This area is one of the Katrina-affected that is still trying to recover. Our morning was spent clearing lots and scraping houses in preparation for some of the homeowners building projects in the next few months.








The Vintage group who got up early to serve and join in with the fun.




As I worked I was thankful for the way a community has worked to restore and rebuild, but also challenged by the need
which still exists in and around the areas where the levees broke. My prayer for Vintage and other churches in NOLA and the South is for God to continue to sendus out to get active and meet the needs of our city.





I would love to hear from my other Vintage NOLA peeps about what they took away from the morning. Post your comments!


Live the Gospel, Love the City, BE the Church

No comments: